H & W is comprised of volunteer health professionals and others committed to fostering health, healing, and caring for the church community. This is achieved through education, well-being and illness prevention rather than "hands on" physical care.We are committed to promoting health and wholeness of the body, mind, and spirit of DHLC's faith community and its individual members, as well as making a difference serving those outside the DHLC community.
The H & W ministry meets the 1st Thursday of each month from 8:15 - 9:15 am in room 204. Questions may be addressed to the Parish Nurse - Anna Tometczak, 520 648-1633 or Janet Bercik, by calling the church office.
- Cancer Support
- Grief Support or Counseling
- Alcoholics Anonymous (meets Wednesday at 2 pm)
- Companion Care (care givers support)
CARE MINISTRIES: Outreach to Home-bound - Make a Difference for members in need through one or more of the following areas:
- Visit the Home-bound
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: A spiritual ministry that makes shawls with prayer, compassion, and love. The prayer shawls are given to those in need of comfort, warmth, and peace while undergoing medical procedures, hospitalization, bereavement, or stress. Ministry meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Flower Ministry: Altar flowers are arranged in small vases each week and delivered to the ill, bereaved or hospitalized.
- Card Ministry: Get Well, Thinking of You, and Sympathy cards are sent to DHLC members and friends that appear on the weekly prayer lists. These cards are sent to let our brothers and sisters in Christ know that we are thinking of them and keeping them in our hearts and minds.
- Serenity Singers: make choral visits to ill and home-bound members.
HEALING MEALS provides meals to individuals or families on a short term basis in time of need or crisis. This is a way to practice your spiritual gift of hospitality, express our love and provide comfort in a time of grief and loss.