Exercise groups are available to meet the needs of members and guests of DHLC. These groups are free of charge and everyone is welcome.
- Chair Aerobics meets on Friday at 10 am.
- Chair Yoga meets Fridays at 11 am.
- Classical Yoga meets Mondays at 10 am.
- Stretch and Balance meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8 am.
Health and Wellness Committee
Consists of volunteer health professionals and other members to foster health, healing and caring for the church community through education, well-being and illness prevention, rather than through “hands on” physical care. They are committed to promoting health and wholeness of body, mind, and spirit of our faith community, its individual members and making a difference serving those outside the congregation. Meetings are the first Thursday of each month at 9 am.
- Care Ministry-Outreach to Homebound makes a difference for members in need through one or more of the following areas:
- Flower Ministry distributes small arrangements of altar flowers to ill, bereaved, hospitalized, or those celebrating special occasions.
- Healing Meals provides meals to individuals or families in time of need or crisis, usually on a short-term basis. This is a way to practice hospitality, express love and provide comfort in a time of grief and loss.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry is a spiritual ministry that makes shawls with prayer, compassion, and love. Prayer shawls are given to those in need of comfort, warmth, and peace while undergoing medical procedures, hospitalization, bereavement, or stress.
- Special Occasion Cards Ministry sends cards to members needing support, healing, and loving thoughts.
A Safe Harbor for Caring Hearts
Provides a safe and confidential environment for care givers to discuss their current situations and offer each other support. Meetings are the first, third, and fifth Friday of each month at 1 pm.
Provides active listening, empathy and Christian support to hurting individuals in our congregation and community. With the help of these lay caregivers and through Christ‘s caring, no one hurts alone.